Sunday 1 March 2009

Commissions

15 sweet peas are up so far and I think spring is surely on its way!
I've just started a new commission piece this week and so far am very pleased with how it is coming along. It is quite a challenging piece with a subject matter that requires a lot of concentration, I am excited by the challenge and hope very much that the piece comes out how I want it to. Making commission pieces takes so much longer than when you are making pieces for 'yourself' the client is always in the back of your head and you constantly ask yourself questions, this green? or this green? when you make for yourself you automatically know which green to use.
I am always very delighted to make commission pieces, it is always a great joy to be asked to make a piece which has a subject matter which is so very special and individual and means so much to that person.

No comments:

Post a Comment