Wednesday 31 August 2011

It seems as though autumn is really on its way, there is truly a nip in the early morning air and the trees are starting to look tired in green and are turning to the palest russets and ochres.
I have spied freshly fallen conkers, and was excited to break open one of the spiky husks and hold the lovely new reddy brown nut in my palm. But, I'm not ready to let go of summer just yet, I haven't had enough sunshine, I want to stay bare legged and sandaled for a bit longer, and I'm going to try my hardest to do so!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, let us try to grab on to these final warm sunny summer days. Here in New York City, we had the Thrill of waiting for a huge hurricane to pass through our area.

    We were lucky. Hurricane Irene weakened a bit and changed her course a bit before she got here, and so, we are now treated to beautiful dry air and blue sky. However, our geographical neighbors were not so fortunate and are still figuring out how to handle flooding and homes damaged by falling trees.

    Nature does inspire art, but can also cause much devastation.

    It's good to see the beauty in your embroidery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello to you again.
    Luckily the leaves are still green but the michelmas daisies are out and I've harvested so many vegetables so summer is certainly on the way out.
    Like you I cling onto not wearing shoes or socks - my legs are brown and its sandals for as long as I possibly can.
    A time of the sixties is ever in me and bare feet was always a favourite .

    Diane. x

    ReplyDelete