Friday 3 April 2009

Beautiful Blossom

The tree in the garden at the studio is just so beautiful at present that I just had to capture it, we are unsure of what tree it is, but think it is an ornamental cherry tree, it's full of nut, seeds and fatty balls for all the park birds, which this cold winter there has been lots of. We have blue tits in our bird box, so all in all garden life is very exciting. Our lovely gardener is doing a wonderful job in getting the garden to look fabulous, and easy to run about in for all our workshop children.

I've been making pieces for the Brighton festival, open house exhibition and The Craft experience Fair Fawley House in Henley-on-Thames. Both events in May, with a couple more commissions mixed in, a nice mix and good projects to get my teeth into. I 've been working one one of my favourite themes-the sea, and I am having a very happy time sewing away.
I feel so much happier with the longer lighter evenings and some sunshine, it's warmer and people are friendlier, all very very welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment