Sunday 25 July 2010

The whistle stop tour of visiting wonderfully inspiring embroidering away groups has, for a time, stopped. I feel a little sad, I love visiting groups and being with all the stitching energy that each group holds in its unique way, all those individual makers with their own take on making their work. The group I visited last Monday was The Dorking branch of the Embroiderers' Guild, and in true form, they were lovely, enthusiastic, creative and all very competent. The day just sailed by in a lulling whirring of sewing machines, and then at the end of the workshop the machine embroidered jewellery pieces were displayed, and what a beautiful collection they were too.
Well done everybody!

On my return to the studio, a piece that I finished off in the week is a jolly little pieces of two cheeky cats and two unaware fish. I've posted a close up of one of the cats, I hope it makes you smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment