Sunday 8 February 2009

Hamble, home made cake and bags

I've just come back from a lovely refreshing walk along the Hamble with my friend Graham from London who has been staying with us for the weekend. Although the day started out with wonderful sunshine, it soon turned to drizzle, we still managed to have a really great time. We saw lots of shoreline birds, some we recognized and some we did not, which we looked up in the very old but beautifully illustrated bumper bird book, back at home and sitting at the table and stuffing our faces with homemade Victoria sponge cake and drinking tea. My poor husband Michael missed all this as he was at work. we are sure to go together another time soon and have the cobwebs blown away again.
All the bag ideas for the children's workshops we to hold at the studio have been made. They are my samples and I am very pleased with them, I hope the children like them too and feel inspired to sew sew sew! Thank goodness we were all very organised with all the materials sorting out last Sunday as finding all the bits and bobs for the bags was easy peasy.
This coming week I am going to write some more of my book and start liking it into some sort of shape, I want to complete the introduction, or at least give it a firmer direction, sometimes it's easy and sometimes I struggle, it is a great learning curve though.

No comments:

Post a Comment